We asked our Shake-Up speakers some questions about their thoughts on winter life, and they had some cool things to say! Here is our interview with Randy Brososky, Marketing Strategist Extraordinaire:
1. What do you look forward to most about the winter season in your city?
The way sound changes. With the snow, the hustle and bustle gets a little more muted. Ironically, it's easier to "stop and smell the roses" when they are covered in a blanket of snow. There is a calm to winter that is absent the rest of the year.
2. What happens in your city that helps you stay active and play outside during winter?
Festivals. Ice on Whyte. All Is Bright. Silver Skate. Deep Freeze. All good reasons to get out and move.
3. What is your favourite winter childhood memory?
Snow days. When nature decides for you that you are taking a day for yourself. Indulging in hot chocolate and having no commitments or cares.
4. What is your favourite winter city destination?
Haven't seen many others, but I am interested in seeing them all!
5. How would you describe winter to someone who has never experienced it?
Cold. Dark. Mysterious. Scary at first, but that's just until you start to understand it. Then it becomes magical, fun, and a celebration of light. Besides, it's no fun to snuggle up in front of a roaring fire with a hot beverage and someone you care about in July.
6. How do you wish to improve winter life in your city or community?
Attitudes. More people choosing to embrace it instead of hate it. Once a city is inspired by something, the whole mood lifts. And what's great is that we're getting there!